Darco Southern offers three types of Needled Blankets that provide thermal insulation and protection at high temperatures while offering excellent resistance to most acids, alkalis and solvents. These blankets are made from fibers that are mechanically needled together without chemical binders.
Fiberglass Blankets (Tetraglas®) made of 100% E type glass fibers have a continuous operating temperature of 1000°F/540°C.
Silica Blankets (Tetraglas® 3000) made up of amorphous silica filament fibers have a continuous operating temperature of 1800°F/980°C.
Ceramic Blankets made of high strength spun ceramic fibers, are available in three grades: Standard has a continuous operating temperature of 1800°F/980°C, High Purity has a continuous operating temperature of 2300°F/1260°C and Zirconia has a continuous operating temperature of 2600°F/1430°C.
Needled Blankets Quick Reference
- Type E Fiberglass
- Amorphous Silica
- Ceramic Fiber
- Needled together without chemical binders
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 1000°F (540°C) - Fiberglass
- 1800°F (980°C) - Ceramic Standard
- 1800°F (980°C) - Amorphous Silica
- 2300°F (1260°C) - Ceramic High Purity
- 2600°F (1430°C) - Ceramic Zirconia
- Up to 1" thickness, 60" width (Fiberglass, Silica)
- Up to 2" thickness, in 24" & 48" widths (Ceramic)
- Heat Treating Blankets
- Insulation/Heat Containment
- Furnace and Pipe Insulation
- Hose and Cable Heat & Flame Protection
- Welding/Brazing/Heat/Spark/Molten Splash Shield
- Hose Covers
- Custom Blankets and Covers