Tadpole Gaskets are designed to provide high temperature thermal seals in industrial, laboratory, commercial and industrial ovens and dryers. Constructed from fiberglass (Tetraglas®), silica (Tetraglas 3000®), ceramic, or tacky cloth (Tetraglas-T®), our tadpole gaskets provides a high temperature thermal seal for a range of environments and temperatures.
There are a number of variables that need to be considered to ensure proper tadpole gasket selection. Our vertically integrated manufacturing and engineering capabilities allow us to design, prototype and produce the optimal solution in a minimal time frame. Although we offer “standard” tadpole gasket products, we welcome the opportunity to develop a custom tadpole gasket around your design requirements. In collaboration with your team, we review compression and dimensional requirements to create a tailored tadpole gasket to solve your specific design challenge. Ask us about the Darco Southern 4D Process!
Our tadpole gaskets are available in core diameters from 1/4″(6.4 mm) through 1”(25.4 mm+). In addition to these standard lines, our sewing department has the capability to create tadpole tapes and tadpole gaskets in multiple configurations and sizes. Contact us today to schedule your initial Discovery meeting.
Tadpole Tape/Gaskets Quick Reference
- Ceramic Fiber
- Amorphous Silica
- Type E Fiberglass
- Type 304 Stainless Steel
- Coatings: Vermiculite, Silicone, PTFE
- Cores: 304 Stainless Steel, Inconel Mesh
- Knitted stainless steel hollow core, over-braided with fiberglass
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 500°F (260°C) - Silicone, PTFE, Tacky-cloth
- 1000°F (540°C) - Fiberglass
- 1500°F (815°C) - Vermiculite
- 1800°F (980°C) - Silica
- 2300°F (1260°C) - Ceramic
- Standard sizes to 1" (25.4mm) Core/Bead diameters
- Larger sizes custom designed
- Wood/Pellet/Coal Stoves & Fireplaces
- Commercial, Residential, Industrial Ovens
- Oven/Stove Door Thermal Seal
- OEM Equipment Thermal Door/Enclosure Seal
- Custom Design, Core/Bead